On Fridays during the school year, I will share a favorite item from my gluten-free kitchen: a book, cookbook, gluten-free food or kitchen gadget or a roundup of favorite things from around the web. Hopefully you’ll find some new favorites to add to your gluten-free kitchen! While they may contain affiliate links, all Friday Favorites posts reflect my own opinion and are not sponsored by any individual or company.
I wasn’t able to post much in the way of Friday Favorites posts this month, so for the final Friday of the month I’m doing a little round-up of favorites. If you like this type of post, please let me know and maybe I’ll just switch to doing one of these each month.
5 gluten-free recipes I drooled over this month:
- The Best Dang Granola Bars Ever
- Amazing gluten-free Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Milkshakes
- Raspberry Mousse
- Snow Ice Cream
5 favorite things I bought this month:
- These way cute sticky notes! Cavallini Sticky Notes To Do I bought them for a gift but am going to have to buy another set since I love them!
- I usually wear the brown color of this mascara and love it, so I decided to get it in black also. Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Lengthening Mascara This is the only mascara I’ve ever found that doesn’t irritate my eyes!
- I saw this Rhodia Meeting Book when I was in a Container Store on vacation and put it on my wishlist. I finally decided to buy it and love it. I tune into blog related Google Hangouts, watch tutorials and online classes and this is the perfect notebook to jot down my notes during those. I love that it has a column for ACTION so I can write down a few specific actions I want to take soon.
- I’m hoping this book, Focus On Food Photography for Bloggers, will help me continue to get better at taking food pics!
- This WillPowder Ultratex 3 Modified Tapioca Starch is a new ingredient to me. I bought it because it is recommended in the new book Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread: (Biscuits, Bagels, Buns, and More) which I got for Christmas. I’m excited to start trying the recipes!
5 favorite things I read this month:
- I enjoyed reading everyone’s responses on this post from Gluten Dude: What Food Do You Miss The Most?
- I was busting up laughing reading this post my friend sent to me: “It Gets Better!“
- I finished reading this book from my friend Erica of Celiac and the Beast. I highly recommend it to everyone! Celiac and the Beast: A Love Story Between a Gluten-Free Girl, Her Genes, and a Broken Digestive Tract is both hilarious and helpful!
- I loved this perspective from a lawyer husband about stay-at-home moms.
- I got some great take-aways from this article about “How to Stop Checking E-Mail on the Evenings and Weekends“
5 Most popular recipes viewed on my blog this month:
- Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls
- Buckeye Brownies
- 10 Most Popular Gluten-free Recipes of 2013
- Easy Gluten-free, Dairy-free bread in the Bread Machine
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
If you have any favorites from January to share with me, I’d love if you would comment! I’d love to check them out!
Note: Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.