Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/white-chocolate-rice-crispy-treats-gluten-free/
© 2013 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Valentines White Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
These no-bake treats are perfect for a classroom party or a fun dessert at home!
- 10 oz. marshmallows (miniature or big)
- 3 Tbsp. butter (or your favorite non-dairy alternative)
- 4 oz. white chocolate (divided use)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 6 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- In a large microwaveable bowl, microwave the marshmallows, 2 oz. of the white chocolate, and butter for 1 minute. Stir until smooth; if needed microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, gradually mix in the cereal. Stir in the M&Ms last, so they don't melt.
- Press into a greased and parchment lined 9x13 baking dish.
- For the icing: Using a double boiler or a glass bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, melt the remaining white chocolate (2 oz.) and stir until melted and smooth. (This did not work well in the microwave; I definitely recommend the double boiler method). Once melted, stir in drops of red food coloring until the white chocolate is the color you desire. Scoop the melted white chocolate into a ziploc bag or pastry decorating bag. Snip off the corner and squeeze out to decorate the bars however you wish.
- Let cool until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
As always, be sure to double-check all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free. Recipe adapted from Something Swanky blog.