My Favorite Ingredients for Gluten-free Baking:
Baking Cocoa/Baking Chips/Chocolate:See my post here: Best Gluten-free Chocolate & Cocoa
Baking Powder: Rumford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder (clearly labeled gluten-free)
- Always use Certified Gluten-free Oats. Oats by themselves are gluten-free, but they are frequently grown and processed alongside wheat and are therefore cross-contaminated.
- If you are looking for oats to use in recipes calling for old-fashioned oats, I like GF Harvest Gluten Free Organic Rolled Oats. I use the Subscribe and Save feature to get them shipped right to my door regularly from Amazon.
- For heartier oats to use for oatmeal and granola, I enjoy Gluten-free Prairie Oatmeal from Gluten-free Prairie, made near the most beautiful place I’ve ever lived, Bozeman, Montana! These oats are a new hull-less variety developed by my alma mater, Montana State University!
- Another source for gluten-free rolled oats is Nuts.com. I buy big 5 lb. bags of oats, along with all of my nuts, from them.
- Always use pure vanilla extract. The two I use and recommend are the affordable Costco’s Kirkland Pure Vanilla Extract, and the splurge Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract.