|These are in ABC order because I can’t possibly rank them! I love all 3 and use them daily!||Gluten-Free Mama’s
Coconut Blend or Almond Blend
|Jules All Purpose Flour
||Manini’s Multiuso Multi-Purpose Flour Mix
|My favorite to use for:||Cakes & Cupcakes, Muffins, Cookies, Puff Pancakes, Cream Puffs, Hamburger Buns, Dinner Rolls||Allergy-free baking, Biscuits, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies, Gravy, Baking without needing to add xanthan gum||Yeast Breads: Sandwich bread, French Bread, cinnamon rolls|
|Where to Buy:||GFM Website, Amazon: Coconut & Almond||Jules Website||online & various stores, see list here|
|If you use this flour blend, I recommend you get:||Cookbook: In the Kitchen with Gluten Free Mama
Also, free recipes using these flour blends are available on her blog!
|Jules’ cookbooks, found here on Amazon: Free for All Cooking & Nearly Normal Cooking
Jules e-books with recipes, found here. Also, free recipes using this flour blend are available on her blog!
|Follow the recipes from their blog for guaranteed great results!|
My Favorite Ingredients for Gluten-free Baking:
Baking Cocoa/Baking Chips/Chocolate:See my post here: Best Gluten-free Chocolate & Cocoa
Baking Powder: Rumford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder (clearly labeled gluten-free)
- Always use Certified Gluten-free Oats. Oats by themselves are gluten-free, but they are frequently grown and processed alongside wheat and are therefore cross-contaminated.
- If you are looking for oats to use in recipes calling for instant oats, like cookies, I really like to use Jules Instant Oats.
- If you are looking for oats to use in recipes calling for old-fashioned oats, I like GF Harvest Gluten Free Organic Rolled Oats. I use the Subscribe and Save feature to get them shipped right to my door regularly from Amazon.
- For heartier oats to use for oatmeal and granola, I enjoy Gluten-free Prairie Oatmeal from Gluten-free Prairie, made near the most beautiful place I’ve ever lived, Bozeman, Montana! These oats are a new hull-less variety developed by my alma mater, Montana State University!
- Another source for gluten-free rolled oats is Nuts.com. I buy big 5 lb. bags of oats, along with all of my nuts, from them.
- Always use pure vanilla extract. The two I use and recommend are the affordable Costco’s Kirkland Pure Vanilla Extract, and the splurge Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract.