This gluten-free peanut butter pasta and chicken is another easy weeknight dinner that the family loves. All you need is one skillet and one pot. The prep and clean-up are easy, as I even serve the meal straight from the skillet to save on dishes. You can prepare and clean up this meal in less than 30 minutes! Chicken and rice spaghetti are coated with a sweet sauce made with peanut butter and honey. The result is probably like nothing you’ve had before, but so good! This is a very kid-friendly dish – my boys love it!
We are huge peanut butter fans around here. I have several gluten-free peanut butter recipes on the blog already, but this is the first “meal” involving peanut butter that I’ve shared. It will probably sound a little unusual, but I promise, it really is delicious!
My favorite peanut butter to use is Jif Natural Creamy. No, that isn’t a sponsored recommendation. Jif doesn’t know me, but I know Jif!!! It is the best peanut butter out there, in my opinion! Feel free to substitute your favorite peanut butter in this recipe. You could even use chunky peanut butter if you’d like to add that crunch!
I prefer to use rice spaghetti noodles as the gluten-free pasta in these. I’ve tried it with corn noodles, but I feel like the rice pasta is better. I recommend Jovial brand or Trader Joe’s brand.
If you would like to add some heat to this dish, you can add some curry powder or red pepper flakes to the skillet when you add the sauce. We aren’t into spicy around here, and prefer this dish to be on the sweeter side with the honey.
- 8 oz. gluten-free rice spaghetti noodles
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or peanut oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or chicken tenders
- ½ cup chicken broth (gluten-free, recommend Pacific brand)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, recommend Jif natural)
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. When noodles are cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the garlic in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, use spatula to push to one side of skillet. On other side of skillet, add the chicken broth, honey, and peanut butter. Use a rubber spatula or silicone whisk to mix the sauce in the pan. Once it starts to come together, stir it into the chicken.
- At this point you are going to think you did something wrong, because you will have a gritty, curdled looking mess. Trust me, it will smooth out as it sits and simmers. Simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes. Sauce will become thick and smooth.
- Stir in the pre-cooked spaghetti noodles until coated well. Serve and enjoy!