I love easy one-dish meals for busy weeknights. Like most families, I find the dinner hour to be such a busy time, with getting the kids through their after-school routine, chores, and homework, while making dinner. Meals like this gluten-free Skillet Spaghetti are perfect for weeknights. When I’m on the ball, I even pre-cook a bunch of ground beef and freeze in 1/2 lb. servings, so that I can pull it out to make this meal even quicker to make!
We like the flavor of this spaghetti even better than regular spaghetti. Since the noodles actually cook in the spaghetti sauce, the sauce flavor really soaks in. Leftovers are spectacular too! I have to admit that I love the cheesy topping the most!
The beauty of this recipe is you can really change up the flavor.
Can’t stand the thought of store-bought sauce? Feel free to use homemade!
Prefer Italian Sausage over beef? Use it! I have and it is delicious!
Want more seasonings? Feel free to add Italian seasonings or your favorite fresh herbs.
Want to make this dairy-free? Just leave off the cheese or sprinkle with a dairy-free cheese alternative.
I’ve made this with many different brands of gluten-free spaghetti noodles with success: DeLallo Gluten Free Corn and Rice Spaghetti, Trader Joe’s gluten-free Corn or Rice Spaghetti, Jovial Brown Rice Pasta, and Le Veneziane Italian Gluten Free Corn Pasta Spaghetti are all my favorite brands of pasta and all hold their texture instead of getting mushy like some brands.
Add this one-skillet meal to your menu plan this week. I’m sure your family will love it and you’ll love the easy clean-up too!
- ½ lb. ground beef, ground turkey, or Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (26-28 oz.) (double-check for any gluten ingredients) or use homemade sauce
- 1½ cups water
- 8 oz. gluten-free spaghetti noodles, uncooked, broken in half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brown meat in a 12″ deep skillet, sprinkling with garlic powder while cooking. Drain, or dab with a paper towel to remove excess grease from skillet, but leave meat in the skillet.
- Stir in sauce and 1½ cups water. Heat over medium-high eat until boiling. Stir in broken spaghetti noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked through completely, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- This is great served with a fresh lettuce salad and gluten-free French Bread.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.
Note: Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.