Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/glazed-sweet-potatoes-gluten-free/
© 2014 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Glazed Sweet Potatoes
A simple side dish that is high in vitamins, with a sweet flavor your family will love!
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 3/4" cubes
- 5 Tbsp. salted butter or dairy-free alternative like margarine
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Peel and cube sweet potatoes, cutting them into 3/4" cubes. If you are pressed for time and need this to cook quicker, you can cut into 1/2" cubes to save a little cooking time.
- Arrange cubed sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 9x13" baking pan (recommend glass, ceramic or porcelain).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil, whisking together until well blended. Remove from heat and pour over sweet potatoes. Use a large spoon or spatula to stir to coat. It is okay if it doesn't coat them completely, or if it the sauce hardens up. It will thin out as it cooks.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and place in preheated oven. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and stir again to coat well with sauce.
- Return to oven uncovered and continue baking until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. I usually test them for doneness with a fork - you want it to go in a cube easily. Remove from oven when they test done and serve!