Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/gluten-free-eggnog-pie/
© 2017 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Udi's Gluten Free Snicker Doodle Cookies
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold eggnog
- 1 lg pkg. (5.1 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 tsp. rum extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Lightly spray inside bottom and sides of pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a food processor or food chopper, pulse the Snicker Doodle cookies until mixture is coarse crumbs with some larger chunks.
- Transfer cookie crumbs to a medium sized bowl. Add sugar and whisk until blended together.
- Melt the butter, then pour over the cookie crumb mixture. Use a fork to mix together.Press mixture firmly and evenly in bottom and up sides of the lightly greased pie plate. Mine went about 2/3 of the way up the sides.
- Bake at 3750 for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Homemade Whipped Cream:
- I find it easiest to use a straight sided bowl and hand mixer, but feel free to use a stand mixer too!
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream for one minute.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract. Continue beating until the cream holds soft peaks.
- This will yield about 4 cups of whipped cream. Measure out 2 cups of the whipped cream and leave the rest in the bowl, set aside.
Eggnog Pie Filling:
In the bowl of your mixer, add eggnog, vanilla pudding mix, rum extract, and nutmeg. Mix at low speed, until blended, about 1 minute.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Fold in the measured 2 cups of the homemade whipped cream. Keep folding until everything is mixed together well and no streaks remain.
Scoop into the cooled snickerdoodle crust.
Place uncovered in refrigerator. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Remove from refrigerator and gently spread the remaining homemade whipped cream over the pie. For appearance, I didn't spread mine all the way to edges, but you sure can!
Serve or return to refrigerator to keep cold until ready to serve. Before serving, you can sprinkle with a pinch of additional nutmeg.
I used just 1 package of Udi's Snicker Doodles and it was plenty for the bottom and about 2/3 the way up the sides which is what I was wanting. If you’re going to use a bigger or taller pie pan or want the crust to go all the way up, then use two packages, and double the sugar and butter.