Peach Oatmeal Cobbler, Peach Oatmeal Cookie Crisp, Oatmeal Cookie Peach Crisp, Peach Delight… so many name ideas for this recipe. It was hard to come up with the appropriate name for this dessert I created recently.
I got the idea for a dessert like this from a friend a few years back, and then put my own twist on it. I asked my friends on Facebook for name ideas and received all of the above, and more. While it looks more like a “cobbler” does, the topping is nothing like a cobbler topping, which is biscuit-like. In this dessert, cinnamon, sugar and peaches are tossed together and topped with my favorite gluten-free oatmeal cookie dough and baked until cooked through. That’s right, instead of the usual sugar/butter/oats topping for a crisp, this is topped with oatmeal cookies! Served warm, with a scoop of ice cream, this dessert is a perfect summer dessert!
I use a Medium Cookie Scoop to make it super simple to scoop the oatmeal cookie dough onto the peach filling. No mess and super fast!
Make sure you use certified gluten-free oats when you make this. I have several I’ve used and recommend:
- Gluten Free Prairie Oatmeal (from Montana)
- Wyoming grown GF Harvest Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats or GF Harvest Gluten Free Organic Rolled Oats
- Gluten free Rolled Oats from nuts.com
I love the simplicity of this dish, as it really allows the flavors of the peaches to shine. I’d love to hear from you if you try it out!
- 11 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches (about 5 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (or non-dairy substitute like coconut oil or Earth Balance sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if flour blend contains xanthan)
- 1 3/4 cup good quality gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats or quick oats
- Lightly spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, gently stir together sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon, flour and lemon juice until peaches are coated evenly.
- Spoon peach mixture into greased 9x13" baking dish. Spread evenly.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat butter (or alternative) on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, vanilla, egg, xanthan gum, and 1 cup of the flour. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Turn mixer to low speed and mix in the oats, stopping just when thoroughly mixed in.
- Use a large cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough all over the peach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and peach mixture is bubbly.
Linking up at Gluten free and DIY Tuesdays, and Gluten free Wednesdays with gluten free easily and gluten free homemaker.
Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon or another retailer after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.