Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/flourless-chocolate-cake-gluten-free/
© 2013 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe from Martha Stewart makes a decadent chocolate "cake" with a brownie-like topping and fudgy inside.
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used chocolate chips)
- 6 large eggs,separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Sweetened vanilla whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 275°. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large, microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until completely melted. Let cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks.
- In medium or large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, and continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture; then gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, 45-50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack; remove sides of pan. Serve at room temperature with sweetened vanilla whipped cream.
Dairy-free adjustment: Use a dairy-free, buttery flavored substitute like Earth Balance sticks in this recipe.