Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/gluten-free-dairy-free-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/
© 2018 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Dairy-free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
No one will miss the gluten or dairy in these gluten-free, dairy-free banana chocolate chip muffins! They're perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even in your kids' lunch boxes!
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk alternative (like flax milk, rice milk, nut milk, etc.)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups good quality all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if flour blend contains a gum)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter alternative like organic shortening or Melt buttery sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed (= about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips + additional for sprinkling on top if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line muffin pan cavities with paper liners and set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, measure 1/2 cup of your choice of dairy-free milk alternative. Add one teaspoon lemon juice and stir. Set aside while you prepare the rest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (*if needed), baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the dairy-free butter alternative and sugar for 1 minute on medium-high speed.
- With mixer running on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, until all mixed in.
- Add mashed bananas, and dairy-free milk/lemon juice mixture and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the banana mixture and mix on low speed until mixed in. Repeat with remaining flour mixture. Mix for another 30 seconds, or until dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Stir in 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chips. Be sure to scrape bottom and sides of bowl as you do this to make sure all of your batter is well mixed.
- Use a large cookie or ice cream scoop to fill muffin cavities 3/4 full. Using my scoop, I usually get around 18 muffins. If desired, sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top before baking.
- Bake at 325° for about 22 minutes, until tops have browned and muffins check done. Depending on the size you make them and how hot your oven runs, the baking temperature will vary. Use the toothpick test to check for doneness. A toothpick inserted in the center of a fully cooked muffin will come out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to cool on a cooling rack. When muffins are room temperature, you can store in an airtight container or place in freezer in a gallon freezer bag.
Omit the xanthan gum if your flour blend includes xanthan or guar gum already.