Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/peach-oatmeal-cookie-crisp-gluten-free/
© 2018 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Peach Oatmeal Cookie Crisp
In this dessert, cinnamon, sugar and peaches are tossed together and topped with my favorite gluten-free oatmeal cookie dough and baked until cooked through. That's right, instead of the usual sugar/butter/oats topping for a crisp, this is topped with gluten-free oatmeal cookies!
- 11 cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches (about 5 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour* or cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Oatmeal Cookie topping
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (or non-dairy substitute like coconut oil or Earth Balance sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. milk or non-dairy milk alternative
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if flour blend contains xanthan)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup good quality gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
- Lightly spray a 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, gently stir together sliced peaches, sugar, cinnamon, flour and lemon juice until peaches are coated evenly.
- Spoon peach mixture into greased 9x13" baking dish. Spread evenly.
Oatmeal Cookie Topping:
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat butter (or alternative) on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, sugar, milk, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, vanilla, xanthan gum (if needed), and 1 cup of the gluten-free flour. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining gluten-free flour. Turn mixer to low speed and mix in the oats, stopping just when thoroughly mixed in.
- Use a large cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough all over the peach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned and peach mixture is bubbly.