Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins-gluten-free/
© 2013 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These gluten-free peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins are full of peanut butter and banana flavor! Make a batch of these and put them in the freezer so you can have an easy breakfast, lunch, or snack!
- 2 cups (8.5 oz) quality gluten-free all-purpose flour *
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (if needed, see note)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (=1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet; milk chocolate might be good as well)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners or spray well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together until combined - flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars.
- In a medium bowl, mix the softened butter, peanut butter, eggs, mashed ripe bananas and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredient mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop or about 1/3 cup measure to fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of a muffin. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store at room temperature, or place in Ziploc freezer bag to store in freezer.
*Recipe has been tested with these good quality gluten-free flour blends: Gluten Free Mama's
Almond Blend, Pamela's, and gfJules
**If using a gluten-free flour that has xanthan gum already in it, then omit the xanthan gum listed in this recipe.
To make dairy-free, use your favorite dairy-free alternative in place of the butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips. You can easily adapt these to mini muffins, jumbo muffins or mini loaves, just adjust the baking time. As always, be sure to double-check all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.