Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/gluten-free-baked-taquitos/
© 2016 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Baked Taquitos
- 12 super size 6-inch gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1 lb. Honeysuckle White lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 450˚.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add the turkey to the skillet and begin cooking on medium heat.
- As the turkey begins to cook, use a spatula to break up the meat into smaller chunks. Add minced garlic and all seasonings; continue to stir and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat. Stir in the cup of shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Place two tortillas on the top rack of your oven for 30 seconds. Remove from oven and place on cookie sheet.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cooked turkey in a line on one side of the tortilla. I like to do it on the right side, probably since I'm right handed! Roll up tortilla and place on a cookie sheet. I preferred using a rimmed one so my taquitos didn't roll off! If you are finding they start to unroll, set something like an oven mitt on top to help stay in place while you roll the next ones.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas, heating them two at a time in the oven and then filling and rolling them.
- Once all are rolled, lightly spray the taquitos with cooking spray, then sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place full cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes. Flip each taquito, then bake for an additional 3 minutes or until done to your liking.