Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/gluten-free-monkey-cookies-aka-banana-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2014 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Monkey Cookies (aka Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies)
This is the perfect recipe for when you have just one overripe banana lying around!
- 1 1/4 cups (162 grams)Gluten Free Mama's Almond Blend All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (=1 large overripe banana)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner. If you don't have either one, spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add banana, egg, and vanilla and beat together.
- Pour dry ingredients into creamed mixture and beat on low just until mixed in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out equal portions on prepared cookie sheets. I use a medium sized scoop.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set and edges just barely start to brown.
- Allow to set on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before carefully removing to cooling racks.
- Store leftovers in airtight containers or bags, or freeze in Ziploc freezer bags.
- Yields 18 cookies that are about 3" wide.