Sweet and creamy, this gluten-free peanut butter topping is perfect over brownies and ice cream! This peanut butter sauce for ice cream is easy to make and is delicious served over many flavors, with vanilla bean, chocolate, and caramel being my favorites!
When was the last time you went to an ice cream social? It’s been ages since I could enjoy one that someone else hosted. I like to host them at my home in the summer, though this summer we haven’t had one yet.
I’m excited to get together with many of my gluten-free blogger friends to have a virtual ice cream social that you are all invited to! Make sure you scroll down to see all of the other recipes in this Hot August Nights Virtual Ice Cream Social!
While I absolutely love hot fudge brownie sundaes, sometimes I want to change things up a bit.
Recently I had a craving and wanted to bring together my favorite combo of peanut butter and chocolate. So after I made my chewy gluten-free brownies, I started making a peanut butter sauce to go on them. It turned out amazing! I love the taste of this creamy peanut butter sauce over brownies and ice cream!
I’ve already made this twice since we enjoyed it so much! Just like my homemade hot fudge recipe, this peanut butter ice cream topping is easily made on the stove top with ingredients you might already have in your pantry!
Notes on Ingredients for this peanut butter sauce recipe:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Note that you won’t be using a whole can of sweetened condensed milk. You’ll just use a half of a cup of it for this recipe, which is less than half of the can. You can save the leftover for another recipe later – just pour it into a Tupperware style container with lid and place in fridge.
- Peanut Butter: I’ve used Jif Natural peanut butter in this recipe every time I’ve made it. I do think it would work fine with most other peanut butters. Use your favorite! If you are using an unsalted peanut butter, you’ll need to add some salt to this recipe, just until it tastes perfect.
- Butter: Use salted butter here. If you only have salted butter, you might want to add a pinch of salt.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: make sure to use pure vanilla extract, not imitation extract.
How to make peanut butter sauce:
You’ll just need a medium saucepan and a whisk! Over low heat, Whisk all of the ingredients until smooth and heated through. Serve the peanut sauce over your favorite ice cream.
I love if you’d tell me in the comments what your favorite ice cream and topping are!
Gluten-free peanut butter topping recipe:
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and heated through.
- Serve warm over your favorite ice cream.
If using a natural peanut butter, please look to see if it includes salt. If your peanut butter doesn't have salt, add a pinch or two during whisking until it tastes perfect!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out other recipes from our Virtual Ice Cream Social:
Take some time to visit all of the other recipes from our Virtual Ice Cream Social. All are gluten-free, some are dairy-free as well.
Paleo Hot Fudge Sauce by What the Fork Food Blog
Ice Cream Crunch Bars by Meaningful Eats
Gluten-Free Vegan Mug Brownie Sundae by Gluten Free Palate
No Churn Dairy Free Honey Vanilla Ice Cream by Flippin Delicious
Strawberry Rhubarb Sherbet by Cafe Johnsonia
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Fudge Waffle Sundaes by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free