Posted by https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/pumpkin-bars-with-cream-cheese-frosting-gluten-free/
© 2013 My Gluten-free Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cake-like spiced gluten-free pumpkin bars are frosted with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They're rich, so you can cut them small and serve a whole group!
- 2 cups good all-purpose gluten-free flour blend*
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum(omit if your flour blend has xanthan gum already in it)
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 small can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum (if needed), cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil or melted butter, unsweetened applesauce, and pure vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture. Mix just until the flour is mixed in.
- Spread in an ungreased 13x18x1" pan, called a jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs or clean.
- In a small mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat together the frosting ingredients until well mixed.
- Frost the bars once they have cooled completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. These cut much easier when they are chilled.