Looking for a fun snack to feed kids that can’t have gluten or any of the top 8 allergens? Look no further than these gluten-free apple nachos! They’re a fun, yummy treat that just happens to be free of gluten as well as all top 8 common allergens! This fun apple nachos recipe is perfect for after school snack, game night treat, or even a fall school party. This recipe is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods as part of my ongoing partnership with them.
Apples, apples, apples! We just got over 60 lbs. of apples a couple of weeks ago, so I’ve been making so many of my favorite gluten-free apple recipes with them. Most of my apple recipes involve baking, so I wanted to come up with a new recipe that didn’t involve any cooking or baking.
These gluten-free apple nachos are something you can easily throw together to feed anywhere from 2 people to as many as you need to feed! Just keep adding apple slices and toppings until you have enough to feed your size crowd!
While I’d made these before with peanut butter, I wanted to take this recipe a step further and make it free of the top 8 allergens so that this would be a safe treat to bring to a class party too. You’ll want to prepare it just an hour or two before the party, as you don’t want the apples to brown too much. It’s sure to be a hit though! It was with my family!
All of Enjoy Life Foods’ products are certified gluten-free as well as free of the top 8 allergens. So it was a given that I’d choose some of them for this recipe! I chose to use the Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips. I melted some of these in the microwave with a bit of oil. This gives the chocolate a great shine and helps get to just the right consistency for drizzling. I also saved some for sprinkling on additional mini chips at the end for added texture and fun. If you have some of the Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chip snack packs, you could also give one to each kid to sprinkle on their own plate full of apple nachos! That would make it fun for kids at a party!
I also used Enjoy Life Vanilla Honey Graham Crunchy Cookies. These added great flavor and texture when sprinkled on the apples. So good! If you can’t find these at your local stores, you can buy at the links I included or you can buy a 6 pack of any variety or an Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies variety pack on Amazon! All would be delicious! Like all of Enjoy Life’s product, these cookies are certified gluten-free as well as free of the top 8 allergens.
Notes on ingredients for these apple nachos:
- Apples: A tart or semi-tart apple variety pairs best with these since you’re adding so many sweet toppings! Some good choices are: Granny Smith, McIntosh, Pink Lady, Cripps Pink, Braeburn, Cortland and Rome.
- Chocolate chips: You can use a portion of a large bag of Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips or a few of the semi-sweet chocolate mini chip snack packs! These are certified gluten-free as well as free of the top 8 allergens. I can find these at most of my local stores like Fred Meyer and Wal-mart. You can also order online from Amazon here: Enjoy Life mini chips.
- Oil: You can use pretty much any oil that fits with your allergens. The purpose of the bit of oil is to give the melted chocolate the right consistency for drizzling and it gives the chocolate a bit more shine.
- Sunflower Seed Butter: To make this suitable for those with peanut or nut allergies, I used sunflower seed butter. Use a variety with salt added. If you can have peanuts or nuts, feel free to use peanut butter or almond butter in place of the sunflower seed butter.
- Honey: I added honey to the sunseed butter to give it a fun flavor profile that was suited well to this recipe. It also helps with the spreading consistency for drizzling onto the apples.
Would you add any other toppings to yours? Let me know what you try or would try! Enjoy!
A note on the gluten-free vanilla graham cookies. I’m pretty sure you’re giong to love them and want to make S’mores with them all the time. But I wanted to point out that you can also use them to make gluten-free pie crusts! Yep! I used them in the crust of this no-bake gluten-free raspberry cream pie recipe. My friend Brianna used them in the crust of her vegan gluten-free smores pie. Just wanted to pass on that tip!
Apple Nachos Recipe:
Apple nachos are a fun, yummy treat that just happens to be free of gluten as well as all top 8 common allergens! This fun recipe is perfect for after school snack, game night treat, or even a fall school party. If you don't have any pastry or decorating bags, feel free to use a thick freezer bag style plastic bag. I do not recommend using typical sandwich bags. I tried. They burst at the seams during squeezing. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gluten-free Apple Nachos
If your sunflower seed butter/honey mixture is too thick, you can either add more honey or heat slightly to thin. Peanut butter tolerated warming in microwave better than sunflower seed butter did.
Pin these healthy apple nachos to your gluten-free snacks or desserts board on Pinterest:
Apple nachos are a fun, yummy treat that just happens to be free of gluten as well as all top 8 common allergens! This fun recipe is perfect for after school snack, game night treat, or even a fall school party.
If you don't have any pastry or decorating bags, feel free to use a thick freezer bag style plastic bag. I do not recommend using typical sandwich bags. I tried. They burst at the seams during squeezing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This sponsored post was created through my partnership with Enjoy Life Foods. As always, all opinions are my own. Collaborating with brands I love allows me to keep bringing you new and varied recipes! Thanks for your support!
Quick And Easy Gluten-Free Dessert Parties
Friday 5th of August 2022
[…] https://mygluten-freekitchen.com/gluten-free-apple-nachos-dairy-free-top-8-free-too […]