Some highlights from May:
- I was featured over at The Savvy Celiac. I loved sharing my story over there, along with some tips!
- My hubby and I spent the majority of our spare time this month researching and test driving vehicles. Last weekend, we finally settled on a 2008 Toyota Highlander! I’m still missing my minivan a bit, but I’m glad to be done car shopping!
- I’ve been busy preparing for my role next weekend as an official blogger at the Celiac Disease Foundation’s National Conference and Expo. Please do let me know if you are going to be there. I’d love to meet you!
- My kids just have 2 1/2 more days at school… aka 2 1/2 more days of peace and quiet at my house during the day! I’ve been busy making plans for camps, VBS, and vacations.
- I have to admit that I didn’t do much reading this month. I usually read while in the pick-up area at my son’s school, but lately, I’ve been, ahem, playing Candy Crush and trying to pass some super hard levels. Lame!
5 gluten-free recipes I drooled over this month: + a bonus
- If you’ve ever been to Legoland, you know that one of their best gluten-free options are their Apple Fries with sweet whipped cream. I loved them when I was there and can’t wait to make this copycat version of Apple Fries from Around My Family Table.
- This gluten-free raspberry breakfast casserole from Vegetarian Mamma will be perfect when our backyard raspberries are plentiful next month!
- If you have a brunch, baby or wedding shower coming up, I can’t think of a prettier dish to bring than this gluten-free, vegan fresh fruit tart from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats.
- I’m still trying to create the perfect gluten-free chocolate chip cookie. These gluten-free copycat New York Times chocolate chip cookies from Gluten-free on a Shoestring look perfect to me!
- They say that it doesn’t get more American than apple pie, but I think this Star-studded Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Gluten free Mama is as patriotic as it gets! I’m sure it is delicious too!
- These gluten-free Cherry Chip Cupcakes from the Baking Beauties look beautiful! I want to lick that fluffy white frosting off the top!
5 favorite things I bought this month:
- Years back, a friend told me about taking extra Pantothenic Acid (vitamin b-5) to help with seasonal allergies. For me, it really does help. I buy Country Life Pantothenic Acid because it is certified gluten-free.
- Another supplement that I truly believe helps me is Acidophilus. I don’t get bladder infections anymore during/after traveling if I take Acidophilus. Again, I take Country Life Natural Acidophilus because it is certified gluten-free.
- I finally had to replace my cell phone case, but was so incredibly happy with my Speck Cell Phone Case that I bought the same one again. I kid you know, I drop my phone EVERY SINGLE DAY, and yet my phone has never cracked or broken. This case is amazing. Finally after a year’s worth of drops, one piece of the case had broken off, so I decided to replace. If you are looking for a good case for your cell, I totally recommend this one!
- Even though it is the end of the school year, I went ahead and replaced my Easy Lunchboxes . The ones we used all year had finally been dropped and ran through the dishwasher enough times that they had cracked. These have really been the best purchase for school lunches that I’ve made though!
- I joined the Style Me Pretty Summer Challenge. I participated in the spring challenge last month and LOVED it! It is like having a personal shopper, but so much cheaper. This is so great for the fashion challenged person like me! Let me know if you join too!
5 favorite things I read this month:
- If you have celiac and your family members haven’t gotten tested, you’ll relate to this article from Gluten Dude, “How Do You Convince a Loved One to Get Tested for Celiac?“
- I found this article from A Sprue Story very interesting: “Why Do We Get Celiac Disease?” This is definitely an interesting topic to think about and discuss, though we may never know for sure!
- I’ve had quite a few friends and acquaintances that have “quit Facebook” so I was interested to read this article “Could Quitting Facebook be a Mistake?“
- I loved this article from Jen Hatmaker, My Wish List for Teachers I wish these same things for my boys’ teachers! Teachers rock!
- um, like I said, too much Candy Crush this month.
If you have any favorites from May to share with me, I’d love if you would comment so I can check them out!
Note: Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon or another retailer after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.